High end development board?

I'm looking for a development board that will do the following:

- ARM 7 or similar performance
- 2Mb of flash
- 1Mb of RAM
- Interfaces for 1708 and 1939
- More than one serial port
- Some digital I/O (preferably also analog)

Does anyone know of something that has this on board? I'm more of a
software guy than hardware guy, so I don't know where to look.

Thanks,
Martin

Re: High end development board?

                    ^^^^     ^^^^
What are these ???

Re: High end development board?
I have a wind river pxa250 evaluation board I can sell you.
http://www.windriver.com/products/pxa250/index.html
Kyle

Re: High end development board?

How much I/O are you looking for and how much do you want to spend?

If you need lots of I/O take a look at the MPC5xx family.
They have at least 2 CAN ports, 32 ADCs and 50 channels of digital
I/O.

Andy

Re: High end development board?

The problem isn't so much the cost as the fact that I need an off the
shelf board like right now.

So the MPU isn't the main concern. The issue is how much of the I/O
have they put on the board. J1708 and J1939 and a few serial ports are
the most important things though.

To answer a previous post. J1708 is the vehicle bus used in most
trucks. J1939 is the CAN bus that is slowly replacing it.

/Martin

Re: High end development board?
Phytec do nice development boards.
This page provides lots of useful info:
  http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~jasmith/mpc555 /

I don't know of any processors with integrated J1708.  When I've used
J1708 in the past a PLD has been used to provide this.  You may be
able to use an RS232 to J1708 interface.

The MPC parts have up to three TouCAN modules.  They have a very nice
CAN implementation with 16 message buffers per channel.

The reason I was asking how much I/O you needed is that an MPC isn't
the best choice if you don't need much I/O.

Andy

Re: High end development board?
Use a National Semi DS75176 interfaced to a simple UART to get a J1708
interface.  You shouldn't have to waste your money on a PLD.

-ZO

Re: High end development board?

Martin,

Don't pretend to have a lot of knowledge at all
about the vehicle bus standards that you're looking
at, but afaik, there are quite a few RS232->whatever
converters for all protocols in this area.

Is that an option?  In other words, a off-the-shelve
board level solution w/ sufficient serial ports
to interface with both buses, as well as what
other devices you had in mind?

Re: High end development board?

Yes, this is a workable solution although it would be nice to avoid
having to many external units. Specs have allready changed so that we
would need 5+ serial ports (if can is onboard, but j1708 uses a serial
port).

/Martin

Re: High end development board?

Martin,

TERN does have several multi-serial port board-level solutions
(x86-based hoewver) that might work for you.  I don't want to spam the
newsgroup here however, so please do contact me directly via email if
you're interested.

Regards.

Re: High end development board?
Martin,

Try the following:

SDK-LH75401 from Logic.  This is a $299 development board for the Sharp
LH75401 that meets most of your requirements.  The LH75401 is a 70MHz
ARM7TDMI based MCU.

Since the LH75401 has a CAN 2.0B interface integrated on-chip, that's
covered.  The J1708 interface can be created off board with a small amount
of external logic.  If necessary I can show you how.

There is an in-chip 8 input 10-bit ADC integarated with the LH75401.  Analog
OUT is handled using a stereo CODEC.  Not sure if this will meet your
requirements but should be easy to add in your own DAC if necessary.

Read more about this board at:
     http://www.logicpd.com/eps/sharp/devkits/sdk/default.php
     Click "LH75401" under Card Engines once there.

Hope this helps!

-Z