Here we don't go again...

Yikes.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/02/07/boeing-starliner-software-problems/

Re: Here we don't go again...

I don't know about the "again" part.  The problems with the Boeing 737 MAX were not incorrect software.  It was a system design issue, faulty thinking when planning the software.  The software did exactly what it was intended to do.

Meanwhile they've found problems with Airbus and other aircraft with similar potential results.  Boeing got the press because the worse case actually happened.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Here we don't go again...

I wasn't specifically referring to Boeing, rather frequent software
engineering failures in general...

Re: Here we don't go again...

I suppose people here will be as little surprised as I was.
Most if not all people who could do a decent job at this likely at least
read this group...
Boeing must have had to take web programmers and
the like to be able to get to something at all.
Hopefully they are smart enough to start the coding from zero with
the right people before trying to put people on that capsule.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff, TGI             http://www.tgi-sci.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/didi_tgi/

Re: Here we don't go again...

Something like that. Population of "developers" doubles
every five years. Not everybody has the personality defects
necessary to think in terms of (contextually) correct software
operation.

The acquisition process will cost many orders of magnitude more
than the actual effort.

I know of contracts where hundreds, perhaps thousands of people
were involved, but only as few as five people could actually
do the work.

Les Cargill

Site Timeline