Help with OV7620 sensor connected to FPGA

I'm trying to implement an OV7620 sensor on a Spartan 3 (Xilinx FPGA) t display on VGA, the problem is to syncronize the sensor data with VG exit. The sensor is already programed to send data in progressive mode b

2 channels:

channel Y G G G G channel UV B R B R

Please, somebody can tell me how to syncronize with a monitor to displa data on VGA?

Regards!!!

Reply to
raul_ma

So you have RGB data in 4:2:2 format non-interlaced.

This sounds like homework, as you should have at least worked out what the interface specifications of the VGA monitor is, to work out what will be needed to drive it. Then you should have worked out what you need to convert from camera to monitor format including timing.

Go find a book on digital video, and do some research.

Look at old postings in this group for such questions before.

Sounds like you have started from I have these chips, now lets think of what we can do, then wondering why it does not plug 'n pray.

It seems to me that so many people think making a OV7620 or similar device work is like plugging in a webcam.

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Where did you get the image sensor OV7620, I mean, what is the name or we site of the reseller or distibutor.

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

USB wcam