Help with ncrt0 please!

Hello, I have some problems when trying to compile a file.c with the nc30 compiler. The chip I use is a mitsubishi. I don't know anything about assembly. I just modified the C source. I read the manual of the nc30 compiler (nc30ue.pdf). I was able to obtain the AA.r30 file from the AA.c. Now, what is ncrt0.a30? When I lauch ln30 I get the following error messages:

ncrt0.a30 172 Error (asp30): Undefined symbol exist 'heap_top'

or

ncrt0.a30 96 Error (asp30): Section name is missing 'data_FO'

The number of errors is 54! They are all like these. What can I do? As I have already said I don't need to modify any file except the AA.c, but because I don't know even what the ncrt0 file is, I'm lost. I know the informations I gave are not exhaustive, so ask everything you need, I'll try to answer... Please help me! Thanks a lot, Luke

Reply to
Luke Phoenix

ncrt0.a30 is the startup file. It includes file sect30.inc. Both of those files need to be modified for your hardware and application.

Reply to
Paul J. Bosselaers

files

Thank you very much. I found the sect30.inc and the errors vanished! I hope I won't need to modify those files, as they should be already ok. Thanks again! Luke

Reply to
Luke Phoenix

I have another problem. I have the ncrt0.r30, sect30.inc and my cb_e464.r30. When I run ln30 I get the following errors:

Linkage Editor (ln30) for M16C Family Version 4.00.01 Copyright 2000, MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC CORPORATION AND MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC SEMICONDUCTOR SYSTEMS CORPORATION All Rights Reserved.

now processing pass 1 processing "ncrt0.r30" processing "CB_E464.r30" processing "Libraries" now processing pass 2 processing "ncrt0.r30" sect30.inc 151 Error (ln30): ncrt0.r30 : '_VoutAltaSoglia1' value is undefined sect30.inc 156 Error (ln30): ncrt0.r30 : '_VinAlta' value is undefined

[...]

processing "CB_E464.r30" ../Common/CB_E464.c 133 Error (ln30): CB_E464.r30 : '_posizioneInRx0Buffer' value is undefined ../Common/CB_E464.c 134 Error (ln30): CB_E464.r30 : '_posizioneInRx1Buffer' value is undefined

[...]

== too many errors and warnings ==

There are so many errors that I think I have the wrong files, but as I don't know what these files are I don't know what to look for.

The lines 145-151 of sect30.inc are the following:

.section vector ; variable vector table .org VECTOR_ADR

.lword dummy_int ; BRK (vector 0) .org (VECTOR_ADR+16) .glb _VoutAltaSoglia1 .lword _VoutAltaSoglia1

Again, I'm lost. Once I manage to obtain the .x30 file from the .c file I should be ok. I have some versions of the files, but I don't know which is the right one! Please help me! Thank you very much Luca

Reply to
Luke Phoenix

Sounds like you are missing a file.

Reply to