help with elf to hex conversion

We are moving from a parallel flash which is mapped to the address space of the processor to a serial flash, which requires the code to be copied from sflash to internal RAM before the loader jumps to its entry point. The ROM loader is very simple: it merely copies the bytes to a location which is defined in a header at offset zero of the serial flash. I created a linker directives file to locate .text, .rodata, .data, .bss to internal RAM and created a custom literals section for the flash header.

I was able to create the ELF file without problems and converted to intel hex format using ghexfile (green hills). The next step was to feed the hex file to a utility which calculates the checksum, but this stage failed because it complained the data sections were bound to an address which was greater than the size of the flash.

I am trying to understand the parameters of the the ghexfile utility, because I suspect the error was made at the hex file creation. There are two parameters -start and -romaddr whose description seem to be very confusing to me.

Any help understanding the elf to hex conversion and the meaning of the above parameters is much appreciated.

Reply to
josilton