Help to design a loader & CD-ROM emmulator in C

Hello to every one; I am a engineering student & for my satisfaction I am trying to develop a loader to load a own made program (which is a emulator) at boot time. My moto is to make a CD- ROM emulator so that the ISO (of any OS stored in HDD) can be run to install the OS (this way one can install OS without makin CD of it). I will wellcome any sort of help in this regard, any link (about making loaders in C or general) or CD-ROM emulator or something else u think of my use. WELLCOME & THANKS for u programmers form a learing student.

Reply to
paras sharma

You just need to reprogram the BIOS.

Reply to
linnix

You might want to look at other free emulators, like Bochs and QEMU, for coding ideas. Bochs is in C++, but I was able to modify it for my uses just with my limited grasp of C.

Reply to
jcomeau_ictx