Help on single board computer design

  Can you please suggest some good books that can help me start the
project of building a single board computer. I want any advice about
the general theory before choosing any CPU.
  Thanks

Re: Help on single board computer design
Hi Jack,

    Since you don't know about "general theory CPU's " I would
    suggest you buy a CPU board and try out your ideas before
    designing your own.

    I am sure you would not want to spend the money to do it twice.

    Like most people in this group, years of experience can't not be
    gotten out of a book.

    Good Luck.

Re: Help on single board computer design

Advice #1: State the problem with sufficient specificity that the
solution set is reasonably bounded.

"Single board computer" covers everything from the little 4-bit jobber
that sits in the washing machine to 3 GHz P-IV boards with gigabytes of
RAM and more peripherals than the average desktop PC.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: Help on single board computer design
The problem is very simple, i want to experiment the design of a simple
16-32bits embedded environnement to get hands-on with all the process.

A simple board with a cheap processor, some memory and enough stuff to
embedd a Linux kernel on it.

I saw some project on the web and i wondder if some one can give me
some advices about where to start and what to read. I'm at ease with
microcontrolers, computer architectur and digital design.

thanks all

jack

Site Timeline