Help on single board computer design

Hi, Can you please suggest some good books that can help me start the project of building a single board computer. I want any advice about the general theory before choosing any CPU. Thanks

Reply to
jack lalo

Hi Jack,

Since you don't know about "general theory CPU's " I would suggest you buy a CPU board and try out your ideas before designing your own.

I am sure you would not want to spend the money to do it twice.

Like most people in this group, years of experience can't not be gotten out of a book.

Good Luck.

jack lalo wrote:

Reply to
hamilton

Advice #1: State the problem with sufficient specificity that the solution set is reasonably bounded.

"Single board computer" covers everything from the little 4-bit jobber that sits in the washing machine to 3 GHz P-IV boards with gigabytes of RAM and more peripherals than the average desktop PC.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

The problem is very simple, i want to experiment the design of a simple

16-32bits embedded environnement to get hands-on with all the process.

A simple board with a cheap processor, some memory and enough stuff to embedd a Linux kernel on it.

I saw some project on the web and i wondder if some one can give me some advices about where to start and what to read. I'm at ease with microcontrolers, computer architectur and digital design.

thanks all

jack

Reply to
jacklalo020