help! need LPC9xx ICP spec

I just received some samples of the LPC903 the other day and it hit me. Where is the specification for the ICP? I know it only needs clock,data,reset but I can't any find a document that describes the timing and format for that section.

I know that you can use the eval board plus an adaptor to talk to these things but it is usual for a manufacturer to release the programming details. I have been using PIC12's in this area and there is no shortage of info on programming these miserable little (useful) suckers.

Does anybody know anything about the ICP spec for the LPC903s?

TIA, Peter

Reply to
Peter Jakacki

Just check the datasheet... and application notes on Philips Site. Not sure are those LPC9xx a ARM proc, or a 8051 derivative...

ARM derivative seems not to be very well documented, at least not that good as Freescale (BDM) chips. I'm not a real fan of Mot./Freesc. chips but their programming/debugging interface is well doccumented. Bravo!

Bibico

Peter Jakacki wrote:

Reply to
Bibico Cando

Hi, LPC900 are 2-clock 8051 devices, the ARM devices are LPC2000 series. In regards to the BDM / Debug interface on the Philips devices, it is most important that the professional debuggers and emulators work well with the chips. If you want to go ahead and write your own debugger, you might not use an ARM all together, start with an 8-bit (no offense) Schwob

Reply to
An Schwob in USA