Help Getting Started with embedded systems

Hello,

I've been coding in C/C++ for quite awhile for Linux and solaris. My
next assignment is in Embedded systems (PowerPC, VxWorks or Embedded
Linux) and I have no experience in it.

What are the surpise waiting for me in embedded systems?
Could please suggest some good reading meterails?

Thanksm

Jeeva.

Re: Help Getting Started with embedded systems

Embedded Systems Programming Magazine -- www.embedded.com.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMantra /

Deepa
--
http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
EventStudio 2.5 - Embedded System Modeling with Sequence Diagrams

Re: Help Getting Started with embedded systems
Try this book
http://print.google.com/print?id=eYU9xcWktRoC&prev=http://print.google.com/print%3Fq%3Dprogramming%2Bembedded%2Bsystems%2Bin%2Bc%2Band%2Bc%252B%252B&pg=vii&sig=gtOGzEGNmfa6mIBqPF6bXD_mchM

its really very good book for beginners......
I am reading it at the moment and i find it very appropriate for
learning embedded systems.

Site Timeline