Help Getting Started with embedded systems

Hello,

I've been coding in C/C++ for quite awhile for Linux and solaris. My next assignment is in Embedded systems (PowerPC, VxWorks or Embedded Linux) and I have no experience in it.

What are the surpise waiting for me in embedded systems? Could please suggest some good reading meterails?

Thanksm

Jeeva.

Reply to
j.discuss

Embedded Systems Programming Magazine --

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

You will find lot of articles about real-time and object oriented design at:

Deepa

EventStudio 2.5 - Embedded System Modeling with Sequence Diagrams

Reply to
EventHelix.com

Try this book

its really very good book for beginners...... I am reading it at the moment and i find it very appropriate for learning embedded systems.

Reply to
Ted