Help. Generate a CLK frequency with a DSP????

Hello

Is it possible to generate a 1.8432 MHz signal with a TMS320F2812 DSP?

The 1.8432 MHz signal is going to be driving the CLK to a ADS1251. I want a sampling frequency of 4800 Hz with the ADS1251 and that gives the CLK frequency of 4800 x 384 = 1.8432 MHz.

I would like to have the CLK signal running with no involvement of the CPU. Maybe some tricky form of PWM

Reply to
Bill

I would think so.

I do hope you have more for the DSP to do. It makes for a pretty expensive clock generator. ;-)

Don't do anything tricky. Set the PWM to put out 1.8432 MHz with a 50% duty cycle. Figure out the minimum and maximum division available in the timer doing the PWM. That tells you what multiples of 1.8432 MHz you can use to run the DSP at or real near (+-2%?). Pick the frequency high enough so the DSP can get it's work done.

Reply to
Gerald Bonnstetter