Help choosing a WIFI development kit

I'm trying to develop a WIFI radio that gets a signal from my desktop
(peer-to-peer).

Can anyone recommend a good development, and possibly an approriate
DSP for the audio segment. I want the 'radio' to be able to handle
streaming audio and some data.

JJ

Re: Help choosing a WIFI development kit

Have you looked at WiFi audio units such as the Netgear MP101? You may
be able to customise it using remote control commands over the
network.

If you want a flexible WiFi audio solution with minimum software
development then embeddd Linux might be the best option; otherwise you
can drive a WLAN card from a DSP, but a significant amount of
development work would be required. Some customers have adapted our
PICmicro development kit (www.iosoft.co.uk/wlan2.php) for this
purpose.

Jeremy Bentham
Iosoft Ltd.