HCS12 Flash protection (FTS256K)

  I need to overwrite the secondary vector interrupt table at 0xEFC0
but the upper 8k of flash (in the Flash 0 bank) is protected.  The
protection values that are loaded at reset are in that 8k too.  The
only way I can disable the security is the the backdoor security key.
the key is at 0xFF00 and it's 4 word long.  if I check the memory at
that address I see that the key is : FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF.  In the
application note AN2400 page 44
(http://e-www.motorola.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN2400.pdf)
they said that FFFF is not a valid word for the key.

Any ideas with what I should do to unlock the flash?

Thx

Simon Defayette

Site Timeline