has anyone started using LPC23xx series MCU from NXP?

didn't see much support from NXP site such as evaluation board package, source code, library etc. but looks like have better performance/price ratio, and cheap. only $8 from digikey. anyone has used it, please share your experience.

Reply to
jetq88

I've just got MCB2300 board from Keil with LPC2378 device on it. I have tried several demo programs including embedded web server and it looks very impressive. On NXP's site you can find user manual and sw.package with demo code for almost all peripherals on the chip:

I am using ULINK2 debug adapter. NXP's flash programmer that uses built-in bootloader does not support LPC2378 but there's free FlashMagic sw. downloadable from Embedded Academy's site:

- Dejan

Reply to
Dejan

I've got a new design that was based on a LPC2148, just swapped over to the LPC2368. The price is good enough for me to use this part on a lot of stuff, and there is really a lot of bang for the buck.

I'm using the IAR toolset, which fully supports this part. My prototypes' only been running for a couple of days, so who knows what may show up.

If you use this part, pay attention to the oscillator and PLL system. There are some changes. Also check out the errata for limits to the PLL.

I'm having some issues with the VIC, which, I did not have with the LPC2148. As far as I can tell, the VIC is the same on both, but maybe I missed something.

Reply to
kkkisok

just swapped over

Hi,

the VIC is different. It is the so called AVIC (advanced again). It has

32 priorities versus the 16 of the VIC on the LPC2148.

brt

Reply to
bilderrt