Has anyone gotten Paradigm 5.0 for 80186 to work

I am bringing up the serial-linked remote debugging software from Paradigm on an Intel 80C186XL and am having problems with the communication link. It is very unreliable. I get a lot of FFs transmitted back to the PC when I run the diagnostic. Things seem to work a bit better when I drop the CPUs clock rate to 8MHz from 50MHz. Has someone been able to get this thing to work? Has someone had the same problem as I with extraneous FFs being transmitted? I have been, at times, able to get the remote debugger to run for short periods of time so I have something wortking. The problem is it is flaky. The Paradigm 5.0 from Paradigm Systems is from 1999 or so. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Reply to
F;,VN[OWIR