Hardware platform for embedded linux

Hi

I am looking to create a small linux based device with the following functionality:

  1. Must run apache (or other PHP compatible) webserver
  2. Must have ethernet connectivity
  3. Must be fanless
  4. Must be able to run off solid state disk (eg CF card)
  5. Ideally should run 2.6 kernel
  6. Should have a good BSP for development
  7. Ideally should have its own enclosure
  8. Ideally should be x86 architecture

I have identified a possible candidate as the Hacom Phoenix

. Are there any other options that I should be looking at? UK based suppliers are preferrable.

Many thanks

Sam Duncan

Reply to
fishermansam

Look how the soekris

boards fit your needs.

Uwe Bonnes

That's a pretty good little device; another engineering group in my building has designed it into a mid-volume application. I don't think it's actually made by Hacom, though - I think it's an OEMed product.

Are you looking for just a SBC or a complete boxed system with power supply?

None of this stuff is made in the UK, so you're probably going to find cheaper prices in the US (due to distribution volumes here) - even taking shipping costs into consideration.

Reply to
larwe

Thanks for a speedy and helpful response. I am looking for a complete boxed system with power supply.

Reply to
fishermansam

From Australia (I gues they can post their product in a day or two to UK)

<Rico Maxle>

Why Linux?

Read-only or read-write?

Why x86?

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

Maybe a digitallogic microspace pc? Have a look at

David Schmider

Reply to
David Schmider