Hardware keyboard emulator with serial input?

Hi all,

    I'm after a keyboard wedge that is controllable via rs-232 (or usb).
Does anyone know of anything that is already available on the market?

    I need to control a computer from another via its keyboard port.

    I know it would make a fun project with a HC705 - but I'm trying to
avoid picking up the soldering iron.

    Appologies if this isn't the most appropriate newsgroup - slim pickings
on my server I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Brad

Re: Hardware keyboard emulator with serial input?

You should be able to Get a full software Wedge.  It can get chars form the Com
Port a dump them in the keyboard buffer. If it is windows check MSDN to a window
group.  I think there is an API to put chars in the buffer.

Re: Hardware keyboard emulator with serial input?
the Com
window

Assuming the OP runs PC hardware and Windoze.....

Meindert

Re: Hardware keyboard emulator with serial input?

Well said Meindert.

I need real scan codes going to a machine thats not a PC and not running
windows.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Re: Hardware keyboard emulator with serial input?

Google for "PS/2 RS232" gives:

http://www.vetra.com/335text.html

    Andrew

Re: Hardware keyboard emulator with serial input?

Thanks.

I had a google and came across vetra, but using different keywords,
produced a result that didn't lead me to that product. I only ended up
seeing the opposite - ps/2 to serial.

It seems Hagstrom electronics also offer a range of keyboard devices as
well.

Cheers,
Brad

Re: Hardware keyboard emulator with serial input?

PERCOM makes several devices that can be used as wedges. They
originally were just drivers for bar code readers. They have multiple
inputs and output combinations, including standard PC keyboard (wedge)
options.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

Site Timeline