Hardware keyboard emulator with serial input?

Hi all,

I'm after a keyboard wedge that is controllable via rs-232 (or usb). Does anyone know of anything that is already available on the market?

I need to control a computer from another via its keyboard port.

I know it would make a fun project with a HC705 - but I'm trying to avoid picking up the soldering iron.

Appologies if this isn't the most appropriate newsgroup - slim pickings on my server I'm afraid.

Cheers, Brad

Reply to
bcg

You should be able to Get a full software Wedge. It can get chars form the Com Port a dump them in the keyboard buffer. If it is windows check MSDN to a window group. I think there is an API to put chars in the buffer.

Reply to
Neil Kurzman

the Com

window

Assuming the OP runs PC hardware and Windoze.....

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Google for "PS/2 RS232" gives:

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

Well said Meindert.

I need real scan codes going to a machine thats not a PC and not running windows.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Reply to
bcg

Thanks.

I had a google and came across vetra, but using different keywords, produced a result that didn't lead me to that product. I only ended up seeing the opposite - ps/2 to serial.

It seems Hagstrom electronics also offer a range of keyboard devices as well.

Cheers, Brad

Reply to
bcg

PERCOM makes several devices that can be used as wedges. They originally were just drivers for bar code readers. They have multiple inputs and output combinations, including standard PC keyboard (wedge) options.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell