Hardware for Membership recording

I work for a dance organisation with 100 weekly venues. We want to record membership entry for inclusion in a database, and reconcile the door takings.

Currently members have mag striped cards, but most recording and reconciliation is done manually. Laptops are being trialled, but laptops to cover all venues would be expensive.

Is there an off the shelf solution?

Is it feasible to link a mag card reader to a pocket PC (which runs Excel)

Or what suggestions for a custom device?

David F. Cox

Reply to
David F. Cox