H clamp on USB Host Controller

I was reading S17998E.pdf, the datasheet for the NEC uPD720102 Host Controller.

In table 2.1 it says to use an "H" clamp on a certain pin if it is unused.

Does this just mean a 10K pullup or is it something more exotic?

Reply to
aubrey

From the context in the data sheet, where the OCI pins are active low, it looks like they mean '"H" clamp' as in 'clamp high'.

Not the clearest usage, certainly. My first guess (before looking at the data sheet) was that they may have meant an H-"shaped" clamp, i.e., clamp to Vcc/2 with a voltage divider. That ain't it, tho.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to