Gumstix: GPP, DSP, GPU?!

Hi all, I read through the gumstix wiki but I still dunno where to start if I want to generate PWMs and read a few ADC with Gumstix Overo.

I see that Overo has GPP, DSP and GPU. Up to my understanding, is it... GPP runs above all, and GPP governs DSP and GPU to do different tasks? For example generating PWM or reading ADC? And, GPP must run on some OS, like Ubuntu? Is DSPLink the library to link GPP and DSP and GPU?

For the GPP, can someone suggest me with a some place to start?

Any help can definitely help! Thanks.

JB

Reply to
johnbsavier