Grounding

With regards to grounding, did find some enlightening posts and articles.

However, how is the actual layout done? According to this article, "every" layer has chassis gnd copper, while looking up actual board layouts, I don't see that being done, using only one layer.

1) Should all layers have a chassis gnd copper? 2) If only one or few, inner or outer layers matter?

BTW, the boards I am interested in are 12-15V DC input, with max. signal speeds of 100 MHz.

[2]

kalyanamsaritha