Graphical LCD 480x160 pixel, b&w

Hello,

I am looking for a monochrome LCD that should have a rather strange
resolution of 480x160 pixel.

This is needed to replace a 240x64 pixel display in an application where
more details have to be shown on the screen, but the basic shape of the
product (long and relatively small) cannot be changed.

I remember I saw something like that somewhere on the internet, but
can't remember where.

Maybe somebody is using such a display in an application. Thanks for any
hints,
Robert

Re: Graphical LCD 480x160 pixel, b&w

The Lord High Master of surplus LCD's is Randy
at earthlcd.com  He may be able to help you.

Re: Graphical LCD 480x160 pixel, b&w

try this http://arm.web7days.com/sam-lcd.html

---
mcu development team
http://arm.web7days.com

Re: Graphical LCD 480x160 pixel, b&w

There seem very few monochrome displays out there at high resolutions
/ high aspect ratios. I have a couple of designs on the go that need
displays greater than 1000 pixels wide but around 200 to 300 high but
the closest I can find seem to be those in the elderly Sinclair Z88 at
640x64.

Everyone seems to be producing exotic (but huge and expensive)
widescreen colour TFT for portable DVD players, but not a lot in good
ol' monochrome. As theres no way my budget can afford a full custom
design, it looks like I may have to settle for 640x200 and compromise
the design somewhat.

Mike

Site Timeline