GPS module available?

Is there any module available for embedding a GPS receiver in a product?

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5

Re: GPS module available?
Hi All,

What about the Trimble Lassen SQ. Only 26x26x6mm and uses 100mW of power

Have a look at my page at http://www.embedtronics.com/GPS/lassenSQ.html

Regards
Wayne Peacock
Embedtronics
www.embedtronics.com

Embedded System Design
Adelaide, Australia

Embedded Ethernet, Data & GPS Logging Systems, Nokia F-Bus Interfacing
AVR Microcontroller Designs, MP3 Players.

Email: snipped-for-privacy@embedtronics.com

Re: GPS module available?

Thanks, very helpful! What sort of cost? (I'm just looking for
perspective here.)

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5

Re: GPS module available?
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:02:44 GMT, "William Meyer"

We are designing in the Lassen SKII module, which is similar.  See:

http://www.trimble.com/lassenskii.html

We selected this because it is more rugged, intended for vehicle
applications.  It has a more robust (SMB) antenna connector.  It's
US$80 in small quantities.

================================

Greg Neff
VP Engineering
*Microsym* Computers Inc.
snipped-for-privacy@guesswhichwordgoeshere.com

Re: GPS module available?

LOTS AND LOTS of them.

Tanner Electronics, a very nice electronics surplus place in Dallas, had a bunch
of them last time I was in there.

Re: GPS module available?

Thanks!

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5

Re: GPS module available?

Here's a link to some.
http://www.laipac.com/gps-engine-board-module-receiver.htm

I used the TF-30 in a product recently.

Mark

Re: GPS module available?

Thanks!

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5

Re: GPS module available?
bill snipped-for-privacy@SPAMearthlink.net says...

I've worked with the UBLOX MS-1E.  IIRC, they are about $125 each.  They
require 3.3V power and a CMOS-level serial port.

see http://www.u-blox.com /

Mark Borgerson

Re: GPS module available?

Thanks!

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5

Re: GPS module available?

short answer:-
    YES

Slightly longer answer
Two variants that I have used - ublox TIM module http://www.ublox.com

and the compatible, new, lower power variant from Falcom (JP7 part)
http://www.falcom.de

both of these are effectively GPS rf in, async serial out (NMEA or
SiRF binary message formats) and are 1 inch square.

Ian

Re: GPS module available?

Thanks!!

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5

Re: GPS module available?

There is an Indian company by name Accord software & systems who make
GPS receivers of world class quality & at low price.I work in this
company.Visit our website.Its accord-soft.com
Raghavendra

Re: GPS module available?
$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

See my pages at http://home-2.worldonline.nl/~samsvl/oemtable.htm

Sam

Re: GPS module available?
Hi All,

I think it's time for an update.

Where is the Trimble Lassen SQ, Laipac TF10, Laipac TF30 ?

Regards
Wayne

Embedtronics
www.embedtronics.com

Re: GPS module available?
@embedtronics.com:

Hi Wayne,

My primary interset is for receivers which allow carrier phase processing.
The Lassen receivers unfortunately do not fall in this class. Great
receivers otherwise.

AFAK all Laipac receivers use SiRF chipsets. So they will be pretty
comparable to the SiRF based receivers in my list.

Thanks for your comment.

Sam

Re: GPS module available?
Hello,

I hope this is not considered too tangential to the original posting,
but when BG Micro was selling the Trimble SV6 units, I got a bit
"trigger happy" and bought more than I needed.

I'd like to sell the extra units I have (I think three) at the price I
paid ($25)+S&H per unit.

If anyone is interested, please e-mail me:

mkdm_2000
(at_)
yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
(dot com)