GPS module available?

Is there any module available for embedding a GPS receiver in a product?

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5

Hi All,

What about the Trimble Lassen SQ. Only 26x26x6mm and uses 100mW of power

Have a look at my page at http://www.embedtr> Is there any module available for embedding a GPS receiver in a product?

Regards Wayne Peacock _____________________________________________________________________ Embedtronics

Embedded System Design Adelaide, Australia

Embedded Ethernet, Data & GPS Logging Systems, Nokia F-Bus Interfacing AVR Microcontroller Designs, MP3 Players.

Email: snipped-for-privacy@embedtronics.com _____________________________________________________________________

Reply to
Wayne Peacock

LOTS AND LOTS of them.

Tanner Electronics, a very nice electronics surplus place in Dallas, had a bunch of them last time I was in there.

Reply to
John R. Strohm

Here's a link to some.

I used the TF-30 in a product recently.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

I've worked with the UBLOX MS-1E. IIRC, they are about $125 each. They require 3.3V power and a CMOS-level serial port.

see

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

short answer:- YES

Slightly longer answer Two variants that I have used - ublox TIM module

and the compatible, new, lower power variant from Falcom (JP7 part)

both of these are effectively GPS rf in, async serial out (NMEA or SiRF binary message formats) and are 1 inch square.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Okey

Thanks, very helpful! What sort of cost? (I'm just looking for perspective here.)

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5
Reply to
William Meyer

Thanks!

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5
Reply to
William Meyer

Thanks!

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5
Reply to
William Meyer

Thanks!

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5
Reply to
William Meyer

Thanks!!

--
Bill
Posted with XanaNews Version 1.15.8.5
Reply to
William Meyer

There is an Indian company by name Accord software & systems who make GPS receivers of world class quality & at low price.I work in this company.Visit our website.Its accord-soft.com Raghavendra

Reply to
Raghavendra

We are designing in the Lassen SKII module, which is similar. See:

We selected this because it is more rugged, intended for vehicle applications. It has a more robust (SMB) antenna connector. It's US$80 in small quantities.

================================

Greg Neff VP Engineering

*Microsym* Computers Inc. snipped-for-privacy@guesswhichwordgoeshere.com
Reply to
Greg Neff

"William Meyer" wrote in news:ouMHb.9790 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

See my pages at

Sam

Reply to
Sam Storm van Leeuwen

Hi All,

I think it's time for an update.

Where is the Trimble Lassen SQ, Laipac TF10, Laipac TF30 ?

Regards Wayne

Embedtronics

Wayne Peacock

Wayne Peacock wrote in news:3FF95163.5000703 @embedtronics.com:

Hi Wayne,

My primary interset is for receivers which allow carrier phase processing. The Lassen receivers unfortunately do not fall in this class. Great receivers otherwise.

AFAK all Laipac receivers use SiRF chipsets. So they will be pretty comparable to the SiRF based receivers in my list.

Thanks for your comment.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Storm van Leeuwen

Hello,

I hope this is not considered too tangential to the original posting, but when BG Micro was selling the Trimble SV6 units, I got a bit "trigger happy" and bought more than I needed.

I'd like to sell the extra units I have (I think three) at the price I paid ($25)+S&H per unit.

If anyone is interested, please e-mail me:

mkdm_2000 (at_) yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (dot com)

There should be two 'o's after yah...

Reply to
Joe User