GPS and Barometric pressure sensor recommendation please

Right.

A rule of thumb at low altitudes is 27 feet / millibar, or 8 meters / hectopascal.

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio

Also altitude is quoted on all GPS systems that I have ever seen, to have a much greater margin of error than surface coordinates.

Reply to
uguess

Altitude error will always be worse on a GPS system, at least until a method is devised so that the receiver can see the satellites that are below it. ;-)

1 part in 10^13 is pretty darn accurate. IIRC when I was at college the international definition of the second (the most accurately defined standard unit) was accurate to 1 part in 10^12. If you need greater accuracy then you have to perform long term filtering of the position data from a fixed installation, then you can get to the sub 1 metre fix.

S-V

Reply to
Sacre Vert

Keep in mind most civilian GPS recievers will not resolve an altitude above

60,000 feet. Depending on what you're doing, this may or may not be a purchase consideration.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

Sacre Vert wrote: > 1 part in 10^13 is pretty darn accurate. IIRC when I was at college

That's like saying that fifty quid I owe you is peanuts compared with the size of the world economy, so I'll keep it.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

This is incorrect, the actual regulation prohibits exporting receivers capable of reporting position at greater than 60,000 feet *AND* 1000 knots. Some GPS manufacturers interpreted the AND as a logical OR in the past. These days, most GPS chipsets will continue reporting position above 60,000 feet if speed is less than 1000 knots, and vice-versa.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Ramsey

Hi, is anybody of you be able to decode rs80 signal?? I have tried with the "famous" german sheets intructions but i don not understand how to use the calibration coefficients.

For example if these are the frequencies:

F1 = 9690 Hz for the first coefficient F2 = 7665 Hz for the second coefficient FT = 8876 Hz for the temperature sensor

Which is the temperature? if you try to calculate let me know!!

thank you for help.

enrico

Reply to
BRUNCUSPINA

I suspect this one:

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev

The old link is disappeared but fortunately I had saved the pdf file so now look at

Let me know.

greetings

enrico

Reply to