Good Protocol for Muxing/Demuxing comms channel ?

Hi,

I have two MCUs talking to each other via a synchronous link through an EPLD. The one MCU (ATMEGA162) is used to extend the number of UARTs available. I have gotten the link between the two MCUs to work without problems, but I now need to basically have 3 virtual channels through this one synchronous link. USART0, USART1 and a control channel to set baud rate etc. I have this sort of working, but I am finding that the flow control of the different virtual channels are a bit of a problem. I am experiencing buffer overflow problems when either of the two USARTs are set to a low baud rate. Are there any standard protocols for handling this sort of problem ?

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus