Good boom on ARM?

Can anyone recommend a good book on developing for ARM ?

Thanks Chris

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/ snipped-for-privacy@phaedsys.org

\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Reply to
Chris Hills

1) ARM System-On-Chip Architecture - Seteve Furber - Addison Wesley Very informative and easy to read, it covers the various architectures, instruction set, MMU, cache and an introduction to ARM assembler programming 2) ARM ARM (ARM Architecure Reference Manua)l - Dave Jagger - Prentice Hall Not a thrilling read, but the defnitive instruction set reference
Reply to
Tim

Assuming that you want this for deep embedded systems, ARMs are no different from any other CPU. I started with ARM Assembly language programming Peter Cockerell, MTC 1987 I'm told that this is out of print, but is available for download somewhere.

The must have book is: ARM Architecture Reference Manual ed. David Seal ISBN 0-2-1-73719-1 This one is always open on my desk and documents all the subtleties such as when the carry flag really is modified. This is also available for download at

and is supplied on several evaluation board CDs, but is well worth having a paper copy to hold the post-its.

Stephen

-- Stephen Pelc, snipped-for-privacy@mpeltd.demon.co.uk MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time

133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691 web:
- free VFX Forth downloads
Reply to
Stephen Pelc

For a good AVR boom, carefully solder flywires to the VCC and VSS pins and then connect these wires to an AC power outlet.

Reply to
Ian McBride

though it's only up to date as far as ARM 3 - so for the 32-bit wide PC and status flags in [C|P]SR you'll need to see a later book, but this doesn't devalu Cockerell's book too much.

The ARM ARM is available as PDF on free CD from ARM (I think it's the ARM developer studio demo CD).

On the web there's also

Theo

--
Theo Markettos                 theo@markettos.org.uk