Good boom on ARM?

Can anyone recommend a good book on developing for ARM ?

Thanks
        Chris

Re: Good boom on ARM?

1) ARM System-On-Chip Architecture - Seteve Furber - Addison Wesley
Very informative and easy to read, it covers the various architectures,
instruction set, MMU, cache and an introduction to ARM assembler programming

2) ARM ARM (ARM Architecure Reference Manua)l - Dave Jagger - Prentice Hall
Not a thrilling read, but the defnitive instruction set reference

Re: Good boom on ARM?

Assuming that you want this for deep embedded systems, ARMs
are no different from any other CPU. I started with
  ARM Assembly language programming
  Peter Cockerell, MTC 1987
I'm told that this is out of print, but is available
for download somewhere.

The must have book is:
  ARM Architecture Reference Manual
  ed. David Seal
  ISBN 0-2-1-73719-1
This one is always open on my desk and documents all the
subtleties such as when the carry flag really is modified.
This is also available for download at www.arm.com and is
supplied on several evaluation board CDs, but is well worth
having a paper copy to hold the post-its.

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, snipped-for-privacy@mpeltd.demon.co.uk
Re: Good boom on ARM?

http://www.peter-cockerell.net:8080 /

though it's only up to date as far as ARM 3 - so for the 32-bit wide PC and
status flags in [C|P]SR you'll need to see a later book, but this doesn't
devalu Cockerell's book too much.

The ARM ARM is available as PDF on free CD from ARM (I think it's the ARM
developer studio demo CD).

On the web there's also http://www.heyrick.co.uk/

Theo

--