good autorouters

Hi all,
I know this is a "little naive" question, but what is/are the best
autorouters on the market at the moment ? Need to update/upgrade my
software, so would like to hear some opinions.
Should work nice with BGA, and 6/6/6 mils, 6 signal layers.

thanks

Re: good autorouters

I use Electra, it's very good and quite affordable:

http://www.connecteda.com /

Leon

Re: good autorouters
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:05:06 +0100, "Leon Heller"

I had a quick look, and although it looks to be quite good value for
money, it does not appear to offer anything more than specctra.
I too would like to know what is the "best" autorouter money can
buy.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: good autorouters

While we're on the subject, anyone use Pcad's
new autorouter?

Re: good autorouters

Are you really interested in buying a $25,000 autorouter?

Re: good autorouters

No.

A little miss-attribution going on here.
I asked if anyone had looked at the new
Pcad router, not the "best"

Re: good autorouters

My error.  I failed to properly trim my reply, causing a mismatch
between an "X wrote:" line and the following text.  I apologize for
any confusion that this may have caused.

Re: good autorouters
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:32:54 -0700, Guy Macon

Not at the moment, but it would be nice to know what
"State-of-the-Art" is, and at what level this is priced.
From my experience none of the middle end routers (Protel etc.)
have come close to what an old version of Specctra I have
access to, can do.
I have seen a demo of the latest P-CAD router, and that looks quite
nice, but the import/export filters of P-CAD are non-existant. It
seems they are not interested in drawing customers currently using
other PCB CAD systems.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: good autorouters

Which one is the "new" autorouter ?
I just used the pcad-2002, and the layouts look good.
However, be prepared that you have to design most components yourself,
as the library are somehow "small" ...

Re: good autorouters

The one with pcad-2004.  I've been told that
it's a totally new design.

The 2002 autorouter was mostly ok, but the
somewhat clunky interface between it and pcb
drove me nuts.  My preference would have been
for them to fix up what they had...

Re: good autorouters

I second that, after playing and rerouting some of my multilayer
designs. They look much nicer now ;-)
And the guys are pretty helpfull, if you run into problems ...

Re: good autorouters

http://www.edacafe.com/magazine/index.php?run_date17%-May-2004&newsletter=1
http://edacafe.com/magazine/index.php?newsletter=1&run_date12%-Jul-2004
http://www.reed-electronics.com/ednmag/article/CA269865