good autorouters

Hi all, I know this is a "little naive" question, but what is/are the best autorouters on the market at the moment ? Need to update/upgrade my software, so would like to hear some opinions. Should work nice with BGA, and 6/6/6 mils, 6 signal layers.

thanks

Reply to
E.S.

I use Electra, it's very good and quite affordable:

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

I had a quick look, and although it looks to be quite good value for money, it does not appear to offer anything more than specctra. I too would like to know what is the "best" autorouter money can buy.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

While we're on the subject, anyone use Pcad's new autorouter?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Are you really interested in buying a $25,000 autorouter?

Reply to
Guy Macon

Guy Macon

No.

A little miss-attribution going on here. I asked if anyone had looked at the new Pcad router, not the "best"

Reply to
Jim Stewart

My error. I failed to properly trim my reply, causing a mismatch between an "X wrote:" line and the following text. I apologize for any confusion that this may have caused.

Reply to
Guy Macon

Not at the moment, but it would be nice to know what "State-of-the-Art" is, and at what level this is priced. From my experience none of the middle end routers (Protel etc.) have come close to what an old version of Specctra I have access to, can do. I have seen a demo of the latest P-CAD router, and that looks quite nice, but the import/export filters of P-CAD are non-existant. It seems they are not interested in drawing customers currently using other PCB CAD systems.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

I second that, after playing and rerouting some of my multilayer designs. They look much nicer now ;-) And the guys are pretty helpfull, if you run into problems ...

Reply to
E.S.

Which one is the "new" autorouter ? I just used the pcad-2002, and the layouts look good. However, be prepared that you have to design most components yourself, as the library are somehow "small" ...

Reply to
E.S.

The one with pcad-2004. I've been told that it's a totally new design.

The 2002 autorouter was mostly ok, but the somewhat clunky interface between it and pcb drove me nuts. My preference would have been for them to fix up what they had...

Reply to
Jim Stewart