Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system

Can anyone suggest a good and cheap motherboard that support 2.5" HDD,
Flash drive for liunx/freebsd system?

Thanks
Sam

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system

Not enough information. ARM, x86, PowerPC, MIPS, ... ? How much RAM?
What other peripherals do you need (video? network?)

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system
www.jkmicro.com has the ThinClient T, that looks like fun.
Tony

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system
Then again, this thing doesn't come with memory it seems... so you have
to add that into the pricing, I htink.
Still looks like fun.
Tony

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system

Any old 2nd hand PC, say $25 a go. Maybe have to select a bit for the
'good'.

Paul Burke

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system

A Mini-ITX board from VIA

Comes with CPU and in many flavors , just need to add ram

Carsten

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system

I have looked at this one, it is cheap, but I need the one with at least
onboard ethernet ports.

Sam.

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system
That is pretty much what the ThinClient is, except that they put a
mezzanine card on which gives you cardslots and a watchdog and a DC/DC
converter. Handy starting point , I suppose.
NetBSD would fit in there I bet, It is supposed to have support for
watchdogs and such. Of course there are a dozen other alternatives. Just
a current toy flavor for me.
Tony

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system

They have like 10..15 different models some even with 2 ethernet ports

http://www.viaembedded.com/product/index.jsp

The TC Series - can be powered directly from 12v only

The PD has 2 Lan

The popular M series (i have one)

Etc ....

They just released a SP with a new chipset supporting hardware Mpeg2 &
Mpeg4 and SATA.

For low power look at the original Eden 500Mhz , i think it was 9 Watt

Try to go to www.mini-itx.com  (select the online shop) just to get a
nice presentation.

http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=2#p1609

Carsten

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system

I still don't find the one I want. I need a mortherboard with at least 3
onboard ethernet ports.

Sam

Re: Good and cheap motherboard for embedded system

Check Soekris Engineering:

   http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
snipped-for-privacy@bsdhome.com

For a PC, I'd take a VIA EPIA board. Have a look at
http://www.mini-itx.com
http://www.via.com.tw
http://www.viaarena.com

Rene