GNUARM tools at www.gnuarm.com

I provide a web site where compiled versions of the GNUARM tools are hosted,

I can pretty much leave it alone and it generates just enough revenue from the Google ads to pay for the high bandwidth it needs. But the last few months even though the bandwidth has not dropped, the revenue from people clicking the Google ads has dropped off.

It would appear that fewer people are clicking the ads even though they are still downloading the files. I would like to try to optimize the ads to match what people are interested in learning more about. I only have indirect control over the ads, but I can tune the pages a bit. Mostly the ads seem to be about other development tools, some for the ARM, others for generic designs like Ethernet. If people aren't interested in these ads, what related items might you be interested in? If a professional designer is downloading the GNU ARM tools for commercial use, what other tools would he be buying?

I need to find a way to boost the click through revenue again or I might not be able to keep the pages up.

Reply to
rickman

Good question. This past few weeks I have been re-investigating ARM tools for a rather large project and I came across your website. I browsed about clicking most of the links, both adverts and internal. When looking for tools for a particular project (not just looking for lookings sake), I try to immerse myself in information. After some time and after visiting many sites, I normally end up with a list of downloads in a folder on my PC. Some are tools but most are documents.

So... When looking for tools I am mostly after information not hardware tools.

I reckon I've downloaded quite a few GNU compilers for different platforms over the years and almost every time the very next thing to look for is a debugger and information to see if it works with gdb. Lastly a demo board with the exact target processor installed. For me, its all in that order. The compiler, IDE and debugger are the most important. Hardware comes in last.

Works for me. Jim

Reply to
Jim