GNU toolchain for the 681x

Hello,

I began using the toolchain a couple of months ago and I am struggling
with some of the aspects:

1) I am using a linker file and m6811-elf-ld.exe instead of linking by
using m6811-elf-gcc.exe.  Is it possible to create the same .elf and
.dmp files similar to what is created in the hello12gnu.zip example
that comes with the toolchain?  I tried but was not successful in
creating them.

2)  I am confused why it is possible to link in two ways:
one by using m6811-elf-ld and the other by using m6811-elf-gcc.  I have
used other compilers such as IAR, Cosmic, and Metrowerks and have
always used a linker to link the files.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: GNU toolchain for the 681x
Hello,

I began using the toolchain a couple of months ago and I am struggling
with some of the aspects:

1) I am using a linker file and m6811-elf-ld.exe instead of linking by
using m6811-elf-gcc.exe.  Is it possible to create the same .elf and
.dmp files similar to what is created in the hello12gnu.zip example
that comes with the toolchain?  I tried but was not successful in
creating them.

2)  I am confused why it is possible to link in two ways:
one by using m6811-elf-ld and the other by using m6811-elf-gcc.  I have
used other compilers such as IAR, Cosmic, and Metrowerks and have
always used a linker to link the files.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: GNU toolchain for the 681x

gcc is smart enough to call ld.

http://www.pcserv.demon.co.uk/gnuh8/files.htm

You might find usingguntools.zip on the above page useful.

Dan

Site Timeline