GNU Compatibility Mode

Our make program is clearmake. We place makefile.options file and makefile in the same folder. The contents of makefile.options is as follows:

# makefile build option specifications # Use GNU compatiblity mode. CCASE_MAKE_COMPAT = gnu

# Allow sharings of DOs. CCASE_BLD_UMASK = 2

If I invoke clearmake program without makefile.options file, then syntax error in makefile occurs.

Is it possible to place contents of makefile.options inside the makefile or I must have makefile.options file?

janii

I've never heard of clearmake. But if you want gnu compatibility in your makefiles, why not simply use gnu make? To my knowledge, it is the most flexible make program, it is far and away the most widely used, and it works on all systems under the sun.

Reply to
David Brown

That would be under the Oracle, now! :-(

peter

Reply to
Peter Dickerson