General Idea for a USB related proyect

Hello there. I´m new working with microcontroller, at the moment never try using USB.

I´planning to develop a interface PC-USB proyect (using atmel ATMEGA16), where a infrared-led acts as a light analog sensor, depending on the leght of hte light disturbance the microcontroler has to distinguish between two posible paths, i was thinking on sending this signal to a PC-host software where the host "sees" either two buttons or two keys (HID-joystik or keyboard), on the pc-host software, the user should be able to choose from a set or options where it is needed to send a activation signal back to the microcontroller . I believe working with a Stardard HID joystik class it would be easier to do the microcontroller feedback signal(i was thinking on forcef-feedback signal on some joysticks), but im not sure about it....... can any of you tell where sould i look to include this type of feature on my proyect.. I realize recently changing the HID Descriptor would allow me to configure my "joystick"..... is it the same for what i just describe?

Thanks.

Reply to
jarguello