full bridge motor driver using PWM

Hi!

For my full bridge motor driver I am currently using a VNH3SP30 from
ST Microelectronics. Though I had to find out that this chip isn't
very good for high speed switching (output voltage rise/fall time:
2.0/1.5us). I would like to switch higher (about 10kHz and higher) to
get rid of unpleasant noises.
This ST chip has the MOS FETs integrated and someone now told me that
I should find a Chip that hasn't got the MOS FETs integrated.

What do you think? Can anyone suggest a good full bridge driver?

Thanks for you help,
Stefan

Re: full bridge motor driver using PWM
allegro.com
has good hbridge chips : pwm can go above 70Khz

Re: full bridge motor driver using PWM

 You mean http://www.allegromicro.com/ic/motor.asp perhaps?
GtG

Re: full bridge motor driver using PWM
im sorry
the company name was what i had on the top of my head.
Thanks very much for correcting me

Re: full bridge motor driver using PWM

Thx.
My application requires an controller that can drive a bit more.
Do you know of any that drives up to 30A?

Stefan

Re: full bridge motor driver using PWM
This doesnt answer ure qn directly.
But i have built my own HBridge using IRL3803 and IRF4905 Mosfets they can
take 55A.

I switch them at 100Khz. But my design isnt good as u need to drive the
gates using enough gate drive as the gate capacitance of mosfets are large.
But to serve the purpose i use ttl logic to drive the gates and it does the
job :-)

Re: full bridge motor driver using PWM

If you need small quantity's, you could look into ready made
amplifiers as made by amc (www.a-m-c.com) or Copley Controls
(www.copleycontrols.com)

For motors upto 3Amps i always used a LMD18200. But lately i start
looking into designing a similar bridge with discrete components.
Mainly because sometimes i don't have the pcb space for a TO220
package.

Anyone some more suggestions on making a good 3A. H-Bridge ? (Driver
IC + Mosfets)

Stijn

Re: full bridge motor driver using PWM
You could look at the ST L6384

This turns TTL control signals into Upper and Lower drive signals (including
deadtime) for a single arm of an inverter. You can directly drive fairly
substantial MOSFET's from this.

I've run largish FET's with 24Vdc input up to 100kHz with these.