Freescale vs Chipcon 802.15/Zigbee xcvr

Just wondering - has there been significant testing / comparison between
Chipcon and Freescale 802.15 transceivers? Which has the better RF
performance?
Any other features that stand out between the two?

They seem similar to the naked eye..

thanks
-Andrew M

Re: Freescale vs Chipcon 802.15/Zigbee xcvr

All I've found is
http://blogger.xs4all.nl/ivonoorh/articles/4269.aspx

The Chipcon & Ember 2420 parts should have the same data, as they are
actually the same silicon.

The Freescale 2.4 GHz transmit/receive circuitry is more complex, so
there is slightly greater scope for errors in the PCB design & product
manufacture.

Now that Chipcon has bought Figure8, will Freescale continue to
license the Zigbee software from their competitor?

Jeremy Bentham
Iosoft Ltd.

Re: Freescale vs Chipcon 802.15/Zigbee xcvr

From a support point of view, I'd worry about Freescale.  We were
initially interested in their products and found that they would not
return our (several) queries and calls.   Small companies & start-ups need
not apply, I guess.

Ross.