Freescale vs Chipcon 802.15/Zigbee xcvr

Just wondering - has there been significant testing / comparison between Chipcon and Freescale 802.15 transceivers? Which has the better RF performance? Any other features that stand out between the two?

They seem similar to the naked eye..

thanks

-Andrew M

Reply to
Andrew M

All I've found is

The Chipcon & Ember 2420 parts should have the same data, as they are actually the same silicon.

The Freescale 2.4 GHz transmit/receive circuitry is more complex, so there is slightly greater scope for errors in the PCB design & product manufacture.

Now that Chipcon has bought Figure8, will Freescale continue to license the Zigbee software from their competitor?

Jeremy Bentham Iosoft Ltd.

Reply to
Jeremy Bentham

From a support point of view, I'd worry about Freescale. We were initially interested in their products and found that they would not return our (several) queries and calls. Small companies & start-ups need not apply, I guess.