Freescale mpc55xx application note AN3524SW

Hello,

I've downloaded the the application note AN3524SW from the freescale site. In this AN is a header file with the name mpc5500_spr.h. How can I use this file? Can somebody give me an example how to set the EE-bit in the MSR. How is the mapping of the special function registers to the addresses done?

Does this really work? union SPR_MSRVAL my_msr; my_msr.B.EE =1;

Regards, Gilles

Reply to
Gilles

If you're really new to the MPC55xx, I suggest you download the "Simple Cookbook" (AN2865) from Freescale. It contains numerous examples (with ready-to-compile code and projects for CW and GHS) of simple functions on the CPU, including how to set the MSR.EE bit.

Eli

Reply to
eliben

Hello, I know that application note and I know that I can use the following ASM instruction: wrteei 1

but I thought the code would be more readable by using the structures in the mpc5500_spr.h header file. I've not found any example in that this file has been included.

By the way, what's the lastest gnu compiler that supports the MPC55xx series from Freescale? GCC 3.4.4?

Regards, Gilles

Reply to
Gilles