Freescale JTAG extensions for COP

Hi Can anyone tell me how to get hold of the details of the JTAG COP (BDM interface for Freescale PowerPC CPUs (especially MPC824x series)? I hav the pinouts and IEEE1149.1 compliant stuff but I want to find out how t use the software debug functions.

Same question for the IBM PowerPC range too .....

thx og

-> This message was sent using the web interface o

oliver.gold

(BDM)

have

Those are well explained in the processor user manuals and the respective core reference manual (G2/603e for MCP824x).

Regards.

-- PabloBleyerKocik / pablo /"Ignorance simplifies ANY problem." @bleyer.org / - R. Lucke

Reply to
Pablo Bleyer Kocik

I think I didn't ask properly. I want to know how to drive the JTAG/COP interface to access cpu registers, memory and so on. This information is beyond the scope of the core reference manual and user manuals (as far as I can see) thx og

Reply to
oliver.gold