freescale 9s08gt16 timer

I am new to programming this device and I want to have a timer that once I start it, lasts 250 ms. Is anyone there familiar with how to initialize the timer?

I realize that this is a very basic question please help anyway.

Thanks in advance, Ralph

Reply to
Ralph

See AN2494 and it's associated file in AN2494SW. The latter is a nice Excel spreadsheet to find values for all 9S08 peripherals once parameters are set for the peripheral.

Also, CodeWarrior has a Processor Expert which adds the drivers and the proper initialization for the peripheral once the dialog is populated with appropriate values.

Bill Softools

Reply to
Bill A.