freeRTOS on PIC18F6527

Hi all, I'm going to use freeRTOS on pic18F6527 (8722 family) and I noticed that the its port is suitable only on pic18F452. I would like to know where can I find any suggestions for this port or, better, even if anyone tried this port before.

Thank you in advance,

Pietro

Reply to
pietro

Hi all, I'm going to use freeRTOS on pic18F6527 (8722 family) and I noticed that its port is suitable only on pic18F452. I would like to know where can I find any suggetions for this port or, better, even if anyone tried this port before.

Thank you in advance,

Pietro

Reply to
pietro

May I ask that the discussion be opened up just a little to how does one port freeTROS to any processor that doesn't have a port of it? First, I must confess that I have not read the documentation in any depth, but I don't recall a "...how to port FreeRTOS to..." document.

Thanks, Dave

--
e-mail: d boland 9 (all 1 word) at fastmail period fm
Reply to

I have a porting guide that provides instruction on how to setup the required directory structure, and which functions need implementing. The actual implementation is naturally processor specific, but there are plenty of examples the copy, and the 'how FreeRTOS.org works' section of the WEB site for more information.

Regards, Richard.

    A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems.

    An IEC 61508 compliant real time kernel for safety related systems.

Reply to
FreeRTOS.org