Free antenna simulation software?

This is actually for a school project... so warning in advance!

I would like to simulate an antenna design - exactly one. A very simple antenna; it's supposed to be a receiver for UHF digital TV signals. What I'd ideally like is a 3D estimated plot of the pattern after drawing in the basic geometry. I could build one and scope it out with a sig gen and a spectrum analyzer, but this will involve borrowing equipment from people with whom I no longer have a strong relationship.

Or I could sit down and mess about with the math and plot points by hand - which I guess I am up to do if there is no choice. But is there a piece of software - demo version would be fine - that will save me some work?

Thanks.

Reply to
larwe

Leon

Reply to
Leon

4nec2 is the usual tool for this... and it's free!

And here's a starting point for one UHF design that has gotten good results

They include 4nec2 antenna patterns for some configurations, as well.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to