FPGA file formats

Can someone give me a comprehensive list of the different file formats that are used with fpgas?

Reply to
cherin99

These are all secret. If you will use FPGAs you have to accept that you will be able to work only with the high-level programming tools available for the respective silicon. Same is valid for the CPLDs - although at least there you can - under NDA - get the fusemap translation JEDEC -> JTAG sequence, at least this is valid for the Coolrunner CPLD.

Dimiter

Didi

you mean, even the name of the file format is kept as a secret by the company? or is it the mapping of the fusebits to the different bits in the file format?

i was planning to implement a programer that would work with any fpga

regards cherin

Reply to
cherin99

Why do you assume they would have bothered with giving it a name in the first place?

The fact that you're asking here pretty much guarantees that the chip vendors won't give you the necessary information.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

I would not know. How they call their secret internal data is beyond the scope of my interest.

That's definitely secret. I know of no alternative source of FPGA and of only one for CPLD programming software. The latter is my lc for DPS for the original (Philips) coolrunners - and I had to do some significant reverse engineering back then to get to all the data I needed to do it.

You are unlikely to get much beyond good luck wishes from anyone; you have mine. Other than that you will be on your own. I would be curious to see your results if any in a years time.

Didi