Forgery Alert

Someone is forging my name in emails in order to cheat on an
upcoming newsgroup creation vote in news.groups.  I rarely
reply to newsgroup posts by email, and when I do, I don't use
my "engineer [at] guymacon [dot] com" address - that one is for
incoming emails only.

If you get such an email, send me a copy with full headers.
If you don't know how to see the full headers, please read
http://www.haltabuse.org/help/headers/ or do a google search
on "full headers" and the name of your email program.

--
Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com

Re: Forgery Alert

It isn't on either of the news servers I subscribe to (probably a
blocked anonymous remailer).  Would you be so kind as to email me
a copy with full headers at "engineer [at] guymacon [dot] com"?
Thanks!

Re: Forgery Alert

I thought I had already pointed you at that one when I first saw it about a
month ago. That was the one I was referring to. Nothing more recently seen.

Re: Forgery Alert

Ah.  This seems to be a new one.  That one was an attempt to disrupt
a Linux newsgroup, this one is an attempt to stop people from
participating in a vote for creation of a photography newsgroup.
Why someone would get so worked up over what OS or what camera you
talk about is beyond me - probably something in our genes from when
we lived in caves.

Site Timeline