Font styles

Hi,

I want to show bold and italic font style on an target board. I generate the bitmap of the characters used and draw them respectively reading the required data from a *.c file. However I would like to know how to draw the characters bold and italic. Please let me know how this can be achived or is there an standard alogrithm to achieve this.

Thanks

Regards,

AK

Reply to
anuragkhanna8

Yes there are pretty straightforward algorithms for creating this from a bitmap. We used them all the time when I was working on hand held label printers many years ago. There are variations on each one but for example a bold algorithm would just double up each column. Italic takes its first few dots from the n-3 column for example, the next from n-2 and so on. You can also do other effects like shadow and outline in a similar way.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell