Flash retention in uC at higher temps, experience?

I might be a bit more of a mutt than I know about, too. But I have the near transparent skin you'd expect of those needing vitamin D production in their skins in regions north of the arctic circle. :) In high school, back when there wasn't an "invisible man" that the biology class could use, I got trotted up so kids could see all the veins! Embarrassing. ;)

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

I am glad to hear that some Californians believe that kind of figure! It might act to slightly stem the otherwise larger flood coming into the state. I've never seen it and especially never for something costing $400k, though. And I think I've lived in the most highly taxed areas of the state so I'd like to know where exactly that occurs, because it would be an interesting exercise to go check.

I'm finding myself tearing up the decking (the home is 5000 sq ft, and the decking is about another 4000 sq ft around it) in sections, treating the wood, replacing pieces that need replacing, and putting things back... each and every year, just to keep apace the damage.

Designing any structure here means paying CLOSE attention to water flows. For example, you dare not install a window into the side of the house in such a way that you leave a flat "lip" on the topside. Water will collect on even a quarter-inch protrusion and will quite simply rot out any wooden siding nearby, including cedar. Slopes are required everywhere -- no right angles anywhere, not even vertical ones, when working with wooden structures. Concrete and asphalt is quickly covered in moss and requires pressure washing on a regular basis (my quarter mile driveway comes to mind and is requiring yet another long workout from me, this year.) Life grows on rocks, glass, and on top of life growing on top of life growing on top of life. I have ferns growing on my trees, and moss growing on those same trees AND the ferns growing on them!

Moss grows on your car bumpers and rubber insulation, as well. 20 mule team boraxo, powdered zinc, and powdered iron become your friend, though. :)

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Server not found :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

True, they do need a 'motivated buyer' :)

- and I'll also admit we do not currently have infineon devices in active production designs (but we did use their C517 & CAN devices, some years ago, and have short-listed their MOSFETs recently... )

That said, they must be doing something right, as I see infineon are now #1 in Industrial :

[13 June 2008 MUNICH, Germany ? According to a recent study from market researcher Semicast (Northampton, UK), Infineon for the first time ranks number one in the industrial sector, ahead of STMicroelectronics and Renesas Technology.]

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I don't trust such sources too much. What I see in my daily biz is that most circuits contain tons of American semiconductors, some ST because they often have really low prices, and passives are all over the map and usually not country-specific.

For jelly-bean parts pricing is everything. Guys like us spec in a MMBT3904 and then there are 8-10 manufacturers.

AFAIK the earnings at Infineon are still negative. Not exactly my role model for a successfully run semiconductor manufacturer. And, of course, one has to ask oneself why other companies such as National earn a profit. They must be doing something right.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Oops - mispastee.

Ian Stirling

Interesting, thanks. However, the house fires they mentioned will usually present a whole different problem. The enclosures of most things electronic are plastic and will have shriveled into clumps that are beyond recognition. With lots of other debris on top of them.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

With a programmer you can. Obviously, once the bootloader is gone you can't program through the '952's onboard serial port.

Well, you'd have to be able to, to reflash-and-switch :-)

Writing to Flash with the IAP facility is a multi-step process so there is some protection against runaway code.

--
Gordon S. Hlavenka           http://www.crashelectronics.com
          Vote Ron Paul in 2008!  Call 866-737-5066

Or you can write your own little bootloader into your code. That how the MSP430 guys often do it when they don't like the one from TI.

True :-)