Flash Ram IDE drives.

   A while back I posted a question about if anyone knew of a Flash Ram IDE
drive that plugs directly into the motherboard's IDE socket, without a cable
(other than power).

   I found them, and I'm happy with the price and the quality/size/weight
everything.

   http://www.magicram.com/MicroFlash.htm

    The usual disclaimer, I'm not affiliated with the above company at all.
I just found the product, it works, and thought it's a nice google hit for
the next person who's looking for them.

    Full bore retail on 5 pcs (32 Meg) was $36.00 US (each), and they
arrived next day when the order was called in at 3:30pm their time.
Packaging was simple and protective.

Re: Flash Ram IDE drives.

: >    http://www.magicram.com/MicroFlash.htm

: Could you do me a favor and post the manufacturer and
: part number of the chips on the board if you can see them?
:
    I tore off the cover and:

    Chip #1:   (in order of appearance on the chip)

Samsung       322              (Flash Ram Chip)
K9F5608U0B-YCB0       (not sure if the 0 = O or vice versa)
T2D171BA                       (not sure if the 1 is a 'I' or "L")

    Chip #2  (other side)

TDK                    (IDE flash converter)
GBDriverRA2a
0250 AD14

    PCB board is soldered directly to the 40pin header.

Re: Flash Ram IDE drives.
Thank you very much.

Re: Flash Ram IDE drives.

Forgive me if i'm missing something here, but why couldn't you just use
compact flash (CF) cards as used in digicams ?. They are cheap and
getting cheaper, available in sizes from 16 megs to 256 megs and have an
ide interface mode.

I bought an interface card (small card, 3.5" drive mounting profile) for
a project from ACS, works as advertised and cost ~$20...

http://www.acscontrol.com/index_ACS.asp

Chris

--
Aerosystem Designs

: >
[...]

    We could, but $20 + the money for the flash ram is probably more money.
    That also has a cable, and an additional set of connections. Less
reliable.

Site Timeline