Flash Prom Size

Hi All: I am in the process of development of code with some for controlling some FPGA's, I am hitting a road block where the Flash Prom size is smaller than the code size. Can anyone let me know if there are any compression algorithms for compressing data into flash and decompress when loading it into the FPGA's...

If there are any links I would appreciate if you could direct to them

Thanks in advance

Reply to
NAV

Hi All: I was looking through some literature and it was explaining under such circumstances, we can use runlength coding, if anybody has done something like this, would appreciate your feedback and suggestions

Thanks

Reply to
NAV

On 29 Aug 2005 06:06:51 -0700, "NAV" wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

That depends on a lot of things. How is the code getting from the flash and into the FPGA? Is it an automatic device from the FPGA manufacturer, or is there a microcontroller or microprocessor in between? What is the format of the data in the flash? Is it already binary or in some sort of text representation, like JEDEC or some proprietary format? Who is the manufacturer of the FPGA?

And finally, why can't you use a larger flash?

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Hi Jack The problem is we are replacing some FPGA and we cannot replace the flash. The new FPGA's are bigger than the flash which we have. The FPGA's are from Xilinx, I do not have the full details of it...

The data is binary that needs to be saved on flash.

Any advice would help Thanks

Reply to
NAV