Flash / IC used in SD Cards.

I'm working on a project that will use a SD Card for file storage.

We would also have some 'internal' filespace. So i thought of placing
a second memory on the PCB and on the same SPI bus. This would save
the work of writing a different driver.

Offcoarse i could add a second SD Card socket to my pcb, but i was
wondering if the chip used inside is available (Serial Flash ?) , so i
we could place such a chip directly on the pcb.

Anyone a clue what is inside these cards and if these cips are
available in small quantity's ?

Stijn

Re: Flash / IC used in SD Cards.

Have a look at Atmel's SerialFlash devices.
(Guessing you don't need the security functions of the SD card.)

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.