Flash file systems

Hi all,
 i am using NAND and NOR flashes along with RAM on my target board,
which has ARM core. i want to make a survey as to which File system
should i use to support my NAND, NOR flashes. i have seen some file
systems like IntelFDI, HCC-embedded file systems, JFFS etc. can anyone
help me to make a list on what criteria should i choose file system.
for eg., one criteria can be the porting time, another could be the
APIs supported etc. I want to make an extensive search on this. Hope i
get some good inputs.
thank you
kaushik

Re: Flash file systems
Hi all,

 please give me some information reagarding the above querry. also i
would like to know it there are any flash file systems available freely
on net.

thank you
kaushik

Re: Flash file systems

try JFFS and YAFFS.
Rajesh

Re: Flash file systems

good discussion. i am interested too. but sorry dudes, i dont have much
idea. lets wait for the geeks.
as far as i know YAFFS is a free FFS. im not sure of JFFS.

sammy!

Re: Flash file systems

good discussion. i am interested too. but sorry dudes, i dont have much
idea. lets wait for the geeks.
as far as i know YAFFS is a free FFS. im not sure of JFFS2. does any
one know the link for source code for JFFS2?

sammy!

Re: Flash file systems

jffs2 has been included with the linux kernel for ages, and is also
available for eCos.  I haven't used either, but I think yaffs is better
for NAND flash and smaller ram, while jffs2 has compression and works
best with NOR flash.

Site Timeline