Fixed-point algorithm for exponential function fitting for an embedded application

You aren't logging your data for later analysis, as one might normally do if this were a research project at an educational institution. (I had already looked up the epfl site.) This is something being done in real time, which suggests that you are making an instrument for sale or internal, practical use. Yes?

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

We are an educational institute very industry oriented. We are presently preparing a demonstrator which is actually a small embedded system and the processing must be performed in real time. This research project is presently financed by the Government and hopefully will become a product in few years.

--
Eric Meurville
Reply to

Understood. Optimizing the sensitivity and repeatable precision of measurement of exponential decay rates is something I've specialized in for over 15 years -- from mathematical development and refinement, through stochastics arguments and monte carlo simulation in helping to make optimal choices for measurement periods, sampling rates, etc., through to the software routines to minimize undesirable artifacts from their calculations in small microcontrollers and integer DSPs, at measurement rates (not sampling rates, but full measurement of the slope) spanning from 10k/sec to 1/sec. This means highly optimized and highly precise routines for very fast execution on processors without access to specialized hardware.

I guess that explains why I was drawn to your original question.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Hello Vladim,

Thanks for your answer. Could you provide us with links or C code samples of CORDIC algorithm for most common functions such sin, cos, atan2, ln...?

Thanks and Regards,

Eric.

Vadim Borshchev wrote:

--
Eric Meurville

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Eric Meurville

While you wait for information on CORDIC, you may also want to look at these:

Jon

-- { I'm keeping the cross-posted newsgroups intact, but I only read comp.arch.embedded. }

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

I have only one link to C source handy,

The other links I've got:

Googling for 'cordic c source' can bring more.

Hope this will help.

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev