firewire < > digital audio

Just looking for some generic for firewire hardware to and from
multichannel digital audio, preferably off the shelf. 48K 24 bit
stuff.
Been to TI.com, nothing obvious, I gave up on philips,, google had
alot of irrelevant stuff.

I'm just working on a concept, and I'm trying to find out how bad/easy
it is!

It's just an idea for getting audio in and out of a PC to my POS, so a
few pointers would be welcome. Sort of Lantronixs for audio!

thanks

martin

Re: firewire < > digital audio
Hello Martin,

There are 3 more or less off the shelf solutions

BridgeCo
http://www.bridgeco.net/products/dm1500/dm1500.shtml
Used in the most FireWire/1394 Soundcards

Wavefront
http://www.wavefrontsemi.com/dice2A.html
New on the market. Original design by tc electronics. Hostless/Standalone
applications possible!

Oxford Semiconductor:
http://www.oxsemi.co.uk/pages/audio/audio.html
Never seen in any design

HTH

Alexander

Re: firewire < > digital audio
On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 08:57:17 +0200, in comp.arch.embedded Alexander

many thanks for that,

martin

Site Timeline