Fingerprint scanner w/RS232 interface

Hi group,

We have a need for a fingerprint scanner to be connected to our controller, running ROM-DOS, and only having RS232 connectivity available. The idea is for staff to id themselves as part of a security protocol to initiate critical processes.

The fingerprint ids to match are relatively low, about 10 to 15 at most, and some storage space on the controller can be provided.

Anyone have an idea of something suitable, preferably costing a couple of fingers and not an arm and a leg ?

Thanks in advance and regards, Harnek

Reply to
S. Harnek

controller,

and

Atmel makes this sort of thing. Don't know how much they cost or if they work OK, though.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the info.

However, my requirements at the moment are such that I need a self contained unit that will interface to the COM port of a PC or a PC-based controller without any other integration work.

Regards, Harnek

Reply to
S. Harnek

A google search should reveal some companies. Also have a look at

I remember having seen a small device at

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the links. Some interesting ones I will follow up on.

Regards, Harnek

Reply to
S. Harnek

Have a look at a page of mine. The whole is not as simple as it appears.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar