Fingerprint Scanner/Sensor interface with MCU

Hi all,

I'm looking for a fingerprint scanner (or sensor? confused!) that I can interface with a MCU, authenticate with a reference and play around with it. No major requirements here, just a hobby project. Question really is what 'exactly' should I be looking for to search?

I tried searching in the forums, but most of the 'fingerprint' posts are quite old, so posted here to get info on latest product in market.

Also, is a fingerprint sensor different from a scanner? I think scanner is the complete system but i may be wrong. To get the image into the MCU serially, should I be looking for a sensor only or the scanner?

Thanks

anasimtiaz

There are many manufacturers dying for you to design in their fingerprint module. For an MCU environment, you will probably want the serial interface type, you can choose among the slide sensor, the imaging sensor, or the capacitive sensor. I have had good luck with the Fingerprint Cards capacitive sensor. Very small, serial interface (TTL) very fast identification, over 100 enrolled users. It is not trivial to interface with the device, but they supply a program with source code that exercises all features. Figure a couple of days to get the system up and enrolling users, identifying users.

Chris

Reply to
Chris_99

Would you suggest any specific product? Something that I can follow up on?

anasimtiaz

? =A0 =A0 =A0

Fingerprint Cards FPC-AM3 "area sensor module"

fingerprints.com

Chris

Reply to
Chris_99

"anasimtiaz" skrev i en meddelelse news:Pq6dnb8ZFPZM5YjTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Hi,

something like UPEK you are looking for?

Regards Jens

Reply to
JeGy